Saturday, September 18, 2010

Old Reviews

These were some reviews from a few months back but I figured I would move them over here so everything is one spot!

Seven Hills Pale Ale (Reviewed 3/19/2010)
Served on tap at Peppercorns Bar and Grill this is one of the first offerings from Wormtown Brewery in Worcester, MA. Poured a pale golden color with a small white head, less than I would expect for this style beer. Aroma was mildly hoppy, unmistakably American, with some bready undertones. This was a very easy beer to drink, well balanced and not excessively bitter at 30 IBUs. Very crisp with a dry finish and a slight soapy aftertaste on my tongue which seemed to diminish as the beer warmed. Overall this is a very good example of this style, I may have appreciated a slightly more floral hop aroma on the nose but this is still something I would order again.


Turtle Boy Blueberry Ale (Reviewed 3/19/2010)
I have to admit I only asked for a sample of this and what I got from the waitress was more like a swig, apparently she didn’t understand the idea of a short pour. It is difficult to be accurate with this sample size, but it looked like a very pale yellow, bordering white. Aroma consisted of freshly picked blueberries with the undertone of a light wheat beer. The taste was very similar, the fresh blueberries and wheat complimented each other perfectly. Sometimes the fruit can be overpowering in beers like this, but I didn’t find that to be the case at all with this beer. This is a very clean, easy to drink, refreshing beer with the crisp dry characteristics of an American wheat beer and the pop of fresh blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment